Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th!

I am sorry I have not posted in a month, but things have been a little tumultuous over here for me.

I have been working alot, and trying to get enough money saved for the at least $1,000 plane ticket ride home to St. Louis. I was originally planning to come home in October with a group of friends, but they unfortunately cannot make it. So I am going to try to get my leave time in the end of August and 1st week of September so I can be home for my dad's 60th birthday, and my 30th.

I started going to church last week, and it feels really good. I have bee wanting to go for a while, but had either put it off, or felt ill that morning and didn't go. But the day I did go, I needed it the most. And it's usually so that particular day is the day you needed to be there, and what is preached pertains to what is going on in your life RIGHT NOW.

I am a tad homesick as well. I miss my family and friends. And of course it doesn't help that everyone seems to be crying that I am not at home. It is hard to explain why Nome is so fantastic to me. Of course as a nurse at the hospital, I see the worst of it all, and I have to be reminded of the beauty this place holds at the end of the day. The unfortunate thing is that I do not have a vehicle at this time. I would love to have a 4 wheeler so I can get up and go whenever I please. Get out into the country/tundra...Go berry picking, fishing, hiking, etc... So on top of the homesickness, I am feeling claustrophobic.

Hopefully today will be good for that. A friend of mine is picking me up around 11ish to go out to the country in a camping town called Cottonwood today. I was hoping to get out with some friends yesterday to Council, but there wasn't any room. But nonetheless, I am getting out of town, if just for one night, and I am glad to be free of the cabin fever I have been suffering from.

I hope everyone who reads this has a happy and safe holiday, and remembers that this is the birth of our great nation. Remember what our forefathers went through just to make it ours. Although it can be crappy at times, we are still on a beautiful piece of land that we call America, and I couldn't imagine living anywhere else.

Happy Independence Day, and God Bless.

No comments: