Wednesday, April 8, 2009

back in the Lower 48...not for long...

Well, I made it home to Memphis yesterday in one piece after travelling for over 24 hours. I can't remember a time where I was more exhausted. My ears still hurt a little from all the altitude popping. Not to mention, Mary Beth and I both went to a tattoo parlor Monday night and we both got our tragus pierced. (still a little tender)

So, already today I spent over $800 on things I will need for my new apartment. I am super nerdy-excited about some of the things I got on super sale at Target and Wal-Mart: like my rice cooker, fry-daddy, toaster oven, bathroom scale, and a mini crock pot. I also got some decorations for the place and not to mention I stocked up on mascara that doesn't cost $15 a tube like it does in Nome... (no, I am not kidding)

Next order of business is to haul ass packing all my things and ship them up to my PO box. I have been inventorying my kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living rooms items, and I am overwhelmed at how much crap I have! I am enduring a heated internal struggle with what I should do with all the stuff I don't want or need. I usually donate to AmVets, but Mom wants to try to have another garage sale...We'll see how that goes.

I was under the impression I was going to have to pack up EVERYTHING I owned and ship it to Nome, but by the grace of my mother, I can keep some things here while I spend the next 2+ years up in Alaska. It just really sucks knowing there are things I would like to have up there that I know I won't need 100% of the time.

I have so much work ahead of me, and I am not feeling to good about how much this is all going to cost me in shipping costs. Ew.

Well, I am off to do more sorting and inventory. More updates as they come. Next big shopping trip is Costco!

No comments: