Tuesday, January 27, 2009

vitamins and 3 days a week at the gym

I go through spells of time where I am really good about taking my vitamins. I just restarted a new period where I am doing just that. I am one of the lucky people who get sick from standard swallowable multivitamins, as I am very nauseous, and want to throw up half an hour afterward. (sometimes I do throw up) So, I am that cool person who gets to eat 5 gummy bear vitamins and chewable vitamin c's. I hope I can remember to do this again tomorrow...

I haven't been to the gym in 5 days, and I am feeling the effects. I took a strength training class today, which was my favorite class at the rec center I took while I was here most of 2007. I kicked my ass, and put it into more shape. I haven't been able to take it since I have been back this time around since I work day shift now, and class is at 4:15. I hope I can take it as often as I can. I am feeling better about myself now that I have been going to work out 3 times and more a week. I have already lost 4 pounds in the past 3 weeks, and I hope I can only get slimmer and feel better. I stopped measuring my results in pounds lost, since I tend to just store it in muscle.

If anyone out there has any ideas on how to melt pounds by now turning into muscle, let me know. I have changed my diet and I am eating as healthy as I can with the limited amounts and types of produce there is available here in Nome.

Well, that's what I have been up to, aside from working 4 12 hour shifts a week. Fun will come soon in one form or another. I know it will come for sure in 6 weeks when my sister Jessica arrives in Nome for her first trip to Alaska. I cannot wait as she will be here for the Iditarod, and debauchery abound will be afoot! Alaska will never be the same!

No comments: