Wednesday, January 21, 2009

hmph..

What to do on your day off when it happens to be in the middle of the week? I will probably spend all day trying to figure it out. It's windy outside and I'm sure the windchill is not a positive number.

I am pretty happy to know that in 7 weeks, my sister Jessica will be stepping off the plane here in Nome, and we will have a week of playtime here during the Iditarod. I have been lucky enough to have m friend Corky lend me her car during that time so we can go out and play. I'm just pretty happy I won't have to take a cab to and from the airport. I told Corky I would pay a daily rate and fill up the gas tank, but she said she would have nothing of it. I need to figure out what she likes, because she should get a gift for her hospitality.

I am still on the hunt for a coat to buy for my sister so she won't freeze to death while she's here, as she's never been to Alaska before. I have no idea what the weather will be like in March, as it is as unpredictable as it is in St. Louis. It could be 25 degrees one day and drop down to 15 below zero the next. I know she'll be fine, I am just having that sense of trying to take care of her while she's here. She's been my big sister all my life, and here's a chance for me to switch roles.

I am pretty excited. This will be fun. I am also glad that when I leave here, I will not have to wait for the looooooooooooooooong winter thaw of Nome and I can go right into Spring when I fly back home to Memphis.

I still dunno what I will do today other than go to the gym, which I have been doing 2 to 3 days a week there since I have returned from my Christmas break. I am losing some weight, and an inch or two here and there. I will hopefully be able to meet my goal of running 2 miles under 18 minutes without stopping. I have been on the treadmill, walking and running in spurts, and I am happy with my progress.

Ok, enough. I am going to find something to do now, since I don't have to be at the gym until 4 for class. I hope all of you have a great day!

No comments: