Saturday, December 27, 2008

let the countdown begin...

So, Christmas is over, and I am now feeling like I normally do when I come home between assignments on 2 week stints.

On today's menu is a lunch with my girlfriends Nisar and Kelly. We are a diabolical yet unusually matched trio of friends that met at St. Mary's Health Center when we all worked there. That's what you do when you want to meet up with people these days as an adult. Have lunch. Or late dinners. I feel old. I shouldn't feel this old. I am only 29!

Anyways, next on the agenda is a wedding reception of sorts for my friend Jeremy.

And this evening, some possible debauchery with my friend Holly, and perhaps some other girls.

Tomorrow, I am going to Scott AFB for a joint birthday party for my friend Jason and his twin boys, and Monday, I am back on my way to Memphis to pack and clean and get ready for the next 3 months I will spend in Nome.

So far, I have a flight arranged, but I still haven't a reservation for my overnight stay in Anchorage. This worries me a little...

But again, I hope all of you enjoyed Xmas, are enjoying Hanukkah or Kwanzaa, and have a safe and happy new year.

Time to start getting ready to be that busy lady I made plans to be!

Have a great day, all!

No comments: