Sunday, December 28, 2008

bon soir...

Bonjour mes amis! I am spending my last evening here in St. Louis, and I am very exhausted. I have been in between here and Memphis for the past 4 weeks and I am ready to go back to Nome and work.

For those of you saying 'a month off and yo want to go back to work? You're crazy', well, you may be correct. But after a month of no incoming money, no productivity, lounging, eating, drinking beau coup alcohol, and sleeping in....well, it gets old.

I am very happy to have been able to see my friends and family while I was here, and I am sorry for those I did not have the pleasure of seeing. I wish you all a very merry New Year, etc...

I will be spending my New Year's Eve at home in Memphis, with my mom and step-dad, packing and preparing for my trip back to Alaska. I leave on the 1st, will overnight in Anchorage, and triumphantly return to Nome on the 152 flight on the second of January.

I am excited that I will be seeing my friends back in AK, and getting back to work at the hospital. In addition to all this hooplah, I will begin classes online to get my RN degree, and still attempt to finish my novel.

My hopes for 2009 are not any different than they were at New Years last year. I want to be productive, financially stable, successful, and most of all happy.

2008 was not the year of years for me. I have had many shortcomings which have assisted me in actually beginning to look in the right direction. Hopefully, after learning from my mistakes, I will be able to turn them all around like we all hope we can do.

So, all I can say is come on 2009! I am ready for you!

No comments: