Tuesday, September 23, 2008

9 days and a wake up!

For those of you who don't know what this phrase means, it'd a term used in the Service for how many days until you leave to go somewhere. And in this instance, well, that means Alaska again.

I am far from prepared, packed and ready. My room is a mess, I need to take care of things I have that are in the other upstairs bedrooms, we are having a garage sale on Saturday, and I will have 3 days off from my last day of work to actually get a bulk of it done. I am a little over whelmed.

I am off work this morning for the first time in I don't know how long. Unfortunately, I have to be back at work tonight at 5:30, and I am wasting some time by blogging. But, I just woke up, and I am trying to get in 'awake' mode. So, blogging is my coffee.

Technically, I haven't had a day off since the 11th, and today is the 23rd, do the math. I will have all of Saturday off to help with the garage sale. Hopefully, I can make a decent amount of change, so I don't have to dip into my bank account when I get to AK. I have sufficient funds there now, but it's only a matter of going to the grocery store up there once to break the pig. (piggy bank, you get it...) I will hopefully get an instant refund from my company for the AK license I had to pay $215 for to get renewed, and that would help out as well. Money money money. It's evil I say.

I only have one more week at the Bird. This makes me happy. Waiting tables is not what I am supposed to be, and hopefully by this time next year, I will be in Albany, NY graduating from school with my RN degree, and I will no longer be in the financial clutches of having to have a 2nd job.

That's all I got for now. I need to take a shower and get busy making a dent into this housework I need to get done.

No comments: