Saturday, July 19, 2008

happy birthday to me....


Well, not yet. My bday is September 1st, and I will be turning *GASP* 29! My mom and step-dad just bought tickets for us to go see Kathy Griffin at the Orpheum in Memphis!

I f'n love her! She's vulgar, she's offensive, she doesn't care, and she's a hilarious comic. Some of you may not know that I am obsessed with the BRAVO channel. They have all these reality competitions on, reality shows, and Kathy Griffin's Life on the D-List.

AT first, and mind you this was just a few months ago, I could not stand her. But I watched one of her BRAVO specials, and fell in love with her act. In fact, I just bought her new CD (LOVE IT!!!) and my mother couldn't stand her, and is now really liking her.

So yesterday, Mom and I were going to get dinner from Lenny's and I was flipping through the pages of the Memphis Flyer, which is the St. Louis version of the RFT or San Francisco's version of the Guardian, or for all of you other Masses, a free, weekly news publication found in most major cities....I digress. So, any how, I saw that she was going to perform at the Orpheum (like the Fabulous Fox Theatre in St. Louis) on September the 6th! I lost it!

Mom and Dave splurged this morning on orchestra seats for the venue, and I can't WAIT to go! Anyways, just thought I would tell the Masses. You guys are great. This birthday gift to come has surely lifted the dark weight that has been clouding over me lately.


OH, I almost forgot!!! I am starting school in two months to get my degree! I met with and advisor from the College Network, and I will be starting my prerequisites with them for a few months and then on to Excelsior College Online to complete my associates degree. They do have an LPN to BSN program, but the state of Tennessee does not recognize it, so I will take the next step to being an RN. I will have my associates, and I hope to pace it so I can have it completed by May. I am quite ambitious about this, as I am tired of being a lowly LPN, treated and paid like a lower class citizen for the last 8 years.

So, I am quite proud of myself that I am taking some big steps to help me with my future!

Happy Saturday, Masses! I am going to help the rents bathe the dogs and clip toenails, YIKES! Maybe later tonight we might go to the movies, who knows. Again, have a great day, and a wonderful weekend!

No comments: