Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Best Alternative List?

Although I was born in 1979, and I developed and grew in the 80's, I was definitely a child of the 90's, in pretty much every angle.

I would like to say I fell into the "Alternative" class of folks, before it became a huge popular deal, but I didn't invent it, so I don't really get to claim "I was here first!" I know, sounds very pedestrian, but people still do it today, and it seems to be starting at a younger and younger age. Oh well, life goes on.

I was searching through Yahoo! news today, and I came across this article about the best Alternative bands of the 90's. I highly disagree, but hey, that's what opinions are. Take a look and see if you agree or disagree.

I do have to say that some are a great honorable mention. I am in fact saddened though that the most annoying of all the ones that made the list was Beck. Maybe in another post I will explain why I dislike him, but for now, I need to get back to work....

I well also say, that if I was to make this list, a few bands would have made it in place of others. Acknowledgement is due to Violent Femmes, They Might Be Giants, Sunny Day Real Estate, Morphine, and Ween to name a few. As I think of more, I will list on...

No comments: