Thursday, September 20, 2007

I call "Bullshit"


So I had to fill out this HUGE criminal background check for the Palo Alto VA job. I got the paperwork TUESDAY, and they tell me it had to be submitted TODAY! I first tried to fill it out as best as I could. I faxed it to the lady at the agency, and of course she tells me, it isn't good enough!

You have to fill out where you lived, where you worked, who for, and 3 people who know you well for over 5 years.

Sounds easy enough, but it's freaking a pain in the ass! The thing that got me was the paperwork was waiting for me at work, where I have my mailbox. I started filling out my papers night before last. I did pretty good considering I didn't have my address book with me. Thank God for the internet and being able to look up addresses and what not.

The worst part is this: if the paperwork you submit isn't 100% complete, they toss it! All that hard work for nothing! And to top it off, I had to put down the Army as one of my employers over the past 5 years, and I can't remember shit as far as the address, my commander, phone number, NOTHING! So as a last minute plea of desperation, I called the lady at the agency and told her there is NO way in hell will be able to get this information by today. So we agreed that she would call the facility in Palo Alto and tell them no dice. Hopefully they can understand, I can figure out the info, and submit it later.

How sad is it I erased all that Army info out of my head! It's only been 2 years since I have been out!

I'll just keep praying that it is acceptable enough.

I just got back from the post office and paid $17 to overnight the paperwork to Palo Alto. It took over a week to get it to me from North Carolina, so I am hoping that since the paperwork is going due south, it'll get there fast enough. Apparently, this stuff takes about 3 weeks to go through, so I am trying to make it by the skin of my teeth here so I can start there on the 22nd of October.

Wish me luck kids :)

No comments: