Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunday at work...

Well, day two, back at Norton Sound Regional Hospital. I have a darling baby girl in my arms, who at present is quite gassy. SO, I am using my 'touch' with babies to fix her.

She's fixed, and her mom just took her from me. Luckily for all of us, overnight there were no new admissions, and we are still the maternity ward, and we still have 3 cute little Eskimo babies.

Right now, Ron in the lab is torturing them for PKU testing. If you don't know what that is, it's a blood test with a large cut to the heel that makes babies very mad. This isn't as bad as it sounds, but when it's being done, the babies hate us.

I could say something about circumcisions for the little boys, but I will spare you the details. The kid screams bloody murder, and everyone is happy when it's done.

Hopefully, today will be an easier day at work, as (knock on wood) it has started out. I am with my adopted work Mother Corky and Todd, and we 3 nurses are a great team. This job here can be the best or the worst day. There is usually on in between. I don't mind working weekends, as they are usually quiet because all the ancillary staff is gone, and only the meat and potatoes of the hospital (NURSES!) are here to run the joint. I like it better that way. That's another reason I like nights so much. No one to bug you about PT,or rehab, or discharges, or the patients feelings, blah blah blah...Just us nurses. That's enough, because if you know a nurse besides me, you know wee can do just about anything :)

Have a great Sunday everyone, I am off to have some more fun at work!

No comments: