Thursday, October 2, 2008

down to the wire

I am leaving Saturday afternoon on my way back to Nome and I cannot be more excited. I severely miss my friends up there and I miss being a nurse. I realize now, after working the last 2 months in the restaurant, that I should have just gotten a nursing job here and said sayonara when the travel op came along. But that's what I do. I make sure I make the monumental wrong decision, learn from it, and never do it again. Check.

I still have my packing to do, and I am having a hard time staying focused on the fact that I will only be gone for 2 months this time, instead of almost a whole year. But with any hope, I will come home in December, spend a few weeks here and there, and turn right back around to Alaska. So, I am slowly whittling down what to bring, what not to bring, etc, trying to remember the things I brought up there that were never used, etc...

I cleaned my room yesterday to epic proportions, and I am quite proud of myself. I still have a few things to put away yet, but I have faith in myself that when it comes to crunch time, I will get it done.

And crunch time starts now!

No comments: