Friday, October 3, 2008

blitz break

So, Mom and I have had quite the busy day today. First the Verizon store for rebate stuff, then to Eye Masters for me 2 new pairs of glasses. Tres chic, I must say :)

I am 90% packed. Still need to get some last things from the car, laundry, etc... Also having an issue as whether or not to unpack and repack to condense what I am bringing. At this point, I am thinking no, since that is one of my weaknesses trying to make everything perfect.

I must say my room is looking spectacular, and all I need to finish touches now is to put clean linens back on the bed, and straighten up my closet. I promised my step dad I would straighten up my things in the garage before I ran away. At this rate, I have a feeling I won't be able to sleep tonight, so I will probably be up early in the morning to get that out of the way. Cross your fingers for me folks. These next 2 days are going to be pure, unadulterated, logistic hell. As I am excited to get back to AK, the trip up and back to the lower 48 is a nightmare.

If I hadn't mentioned it before, I finally got a flight booked, but not to my liking. I was really hoping to leave tonight and be in by tomorrow afternoon, but of course, my luck doesn't work that way. Anyhow, I leave tomorrow at around 2:30 for a pit stop in LA, then Seattle, then Anchorage for a nights stay and then off to Nome for the 152 to arrive around noon.



BLOG BREAK:-------------------------------------------------------


Ok, so the bed is made, and only a few things to put away now in my room. Select boxes have been placed in the attic, and I have picked out what last minute things need to be out still so I can use them in the morning. I still have things I need to get out of my car, and I am afraid that a pack/unpack is unavoidable at this point, as I see I need to add towels and make sure I have room for my 'tomorrow things'. Yay.

But for now, I am getting ready to go to Red Robin with the folks for a farewell dinner, and then back to the grind as soon as I get back. God forbid I forget anything tomorrow, or I will be beyond peeved.

The thing I am looking forward to the least is having to pay the airlines to check my bags. I call bullshit on that til the day I die. I am pretty close to calling the airline and seeing if I can get my bags checked all the way to Nome. We'll see....

Anyhow, I need to focus here, so I will bid you all a good night.

No comments: