Saturday, August 30, 2008

I only get up early if it's important....


This morning I got up at 7:30, against my religion, especially for a Saturday to see a very good friend at the Memphis International Airport. My friend Bridgett was one of the first friends I made when I moved to Nome, Alaska in 06. She had recently come back to Arkansas for a family visit for the birth of her brand new nephew, Jacob. Although I only got to visit with her for about 1/2 an hour this morning, it was all worth it.

She filled me in on what's going on in town, and that if I play my cards right, I can probably get a ticket back to Nome for another travel assignment. I am hoping and praying as hard as I can. Nome was like home for me, and I miss it severely. It will never be St. Louis, but in my heart of hearts, there will always be room for Nome and I cannot wait for the day I get to return. Whether it be work or pleasure.

Thanks Bridgett, love and miss you buddy!

No comments: