Friday, July 25, 2008

I got my miles!

So, after living in Alaska for almost a year, I have really missed it over the last few months. I really miss my friends, and Nome itself.

Since I had moved there, I got me a Safeway card, which is a membership for a grocery store chain, which they have in Nome. You get discounts and can also earn miles for Alaska Airlines. I also got the Bank of America Alaska Airlines card to earn miles too. SO, I earned lots of miles by shopping at Safeway in California, in adjunct with using my debit card....

So, after a year, I have finally accrued enough miles to get my free round trip ticket back to Alaska! Now, I have no idea when I will be able to go visit again. BUT, if I get to go back and work in Alaska, I can use my ticket to go somewhere a little more warm and exotic, like Mexico or Hawaii!

I am just thrilled that I now have the options! Yay!

No comments: