Tuesday, August 28, 2007

pins and needles

So, I didn't interview yesterday as planned :( I am hoping I can trust the word of my sweet recruiter that I will get a call tomorrow.
Now, let me explain this to you all.
A phone call does not guarantee a job per se. I am hoping by the good Lord that because I have a great background/experience and a killer resume, and great telephone etiquette, that these people in Palo Alto fall in love with me and I can accept the position.

I am still unnerved regarding my treatment by the lady in Seattle who hired me and in return went and offered the position to someone else who could start sooner. HOW SHADY!

So, again I am hoping that the interview goes well, and I get this job. So far, since I moved to Memphis last year, and have interviewed for jobs, I have been hired every time. I was hired on to one hospital, but the offer was rescinded due to my license not coming in on time. I then in turn got hired for the job I left. I got hired right away for the Nome gig, and I have done quite well here. So, I am just hoping the streak of insta-hiring keeps on a-going. Without the ridiculous bullshit I had to endure with the whole Seattle shenanigans. I am really mad that I had made several plans for the move there, and I had to disappoint so many who were looking forward to meeting me there.

My former room mate, Andrea is there now, and I was so happy that I was going to be able to see her and hang out. But now that is a no go. My Dad had purchased a city-pass for me, and now I am not going. I will hopefully get to go to Seattle soon, visit with my girl, and take advantage of the pass. For right now, I a, just hoping and praying that I can leave Alaska with a decent job. My boss here said I can stay on as long as needed until I find further employment, which is one of the sweetest things one can do for another in a time like this.

I am still unsure when I leave if I even get the Palo Alto job. It is supposed to start in mid-October. So, if that is the case, I might stay here an extra few weeks to keep an income and put more money into savings. I am trying to get home in time to go to my friend Kelly's wedding.

At first when I got back to Nome in June after being home for 2 weeks, I was pretty depressed to be back here in Alaska. I wish I could have spent more time back there with family and friends.

And of course, I was really bummed to leave because I thought I had something special starting with a certain someone; and I really didn't like the fact that I had to leave after it just started. I was even considering taking a job in Missouri to be closer to him and see how things would work out. Turns out, he made the decision for me, and I no longer have to worry about that. Again, that really didn't help with the homesickness. Didn't really help with my self esteem either. Oh well, I keep trying to tell myself that there are bigger and better things out there for me.

I am praying that God closed the door on Seattle to open the one in Palo Alto.

Hopefully, I will be able to place an entry here that has me absolutely BEAMING about getting the job there. Enough for now, I am going to watch this lunar eclipse.


Marzsaetel said...

Good luck girlie....wish me luck, my interview for the Anchorage gig is tomorrow!

Sarah said...

K, consider it done :)