Thursday, March 19, 2009

rough...




Well, my sister Jessica has come and gone to Alaska, and has made it home to the central time zone. We had a great time, despite the fact that any efforts to try and ease here travelling were all thwarted for several different reasons.... I don't feel like getting into it.




For anyone interested, feel free to look at my Picasa Web Album link to the right of my page, and check out the pics! More will actually be uploaded soon, but as of right now, I am at work, so my options to do so are none.

I am happy Jessica made it on the plane safely, but sad that when she called me after arriving in Anchorage, I was looking at Lance Mackey's winning dog sled team and that the window of opportunity to see the finish of the Iditarod was closed.

Monday we were lucky enough to be judges for the Wet Buns Contest at the Polaris, and Tuesday we were spectators for the Wet Tshirt Contest. I must say, that there was an over consumption of alcohol, and even though I have metabolized it all, some of the after effects are still hitting me....LIke lack of sleep, and I am now back at work wishing I could be in bed.



For all of that, I am going to do my best to be in bed tonight between the hours of 9 and 10. I know, old lady bedtime, but let me just say this.... Come and party for Iditarod, and tell me how you feel after a week of sheer debauchery...

It was all fun, I must say.

No comments: