Friday, November 21, 2008

A Balmy 3 Degrees in Beautiful Downton Nome, Alaska

So, it's been awhile, I am sorry. So, let me keep you all up to speed.

I have been asked to come back to Nome for 13 more weeks. So, I will. I am going to be home for a whole month for the holidays, and then I am back to my chilly little nook here in the North.

That being said, I am in the midst of trying to pack up for home travels, get my sister a plane ticket to join me up here for the Iditarod, and debate whether or not I need to go to the hospital for maybe breaking my finger just now.

Then why am I typing? I am trying to convince myself that I am invincible, and despite the throbbing in my left middle finger, I will be ok. Not to mention that my medical insurance hasn't kicked in yet and that I can mooch some free medical care off the doctor that will be on call tomorrow.

In case you were wondering, I was walking up the stairs after smoking to go into my apartment, and I slipped. The fall was broken with my right hand, but ultimately stopped by a slamming juxtaposition of my left middle finger. Won't be flipping anyone off with that soon....Hopefully the wine will kick in soon.

Oy, alas I must end my 4th day out of 4 days off now, since I have to be at work early in the morning. Hopefully I will be better at keeping all of you up to snuff.

G'nite!

No comments: