Friday, June 13, 2008

Ten Days and a WAKE UP!

Yes, I am out of here in ten days, and I only have 6 shifts left at the Blind Center! Woot!

My dad will be here soon, and then we commence our cross-country adventures back to St. Louis.

I still plan on spending a week or so in STL before heading 'home' to Memphis. I still plan on getting a job waiting tables somewhere near my home, and enjoying my summer. I still plan on travel nursing, and I even think I could come back to Palo Alto and do the flu clinic again. But if all else fails, I will always have options.

I am hoping to remain financially stable enough over the summer to sustain a free spirited lifestyle of being able to go to STL every other weekend or so, and be able to just relax, enjoy myself, get my room in order, spend quality time with family, and ready myself to jump back into travelling.

No matter my plans, if a job becomes available in Alaska again, I am dropping everything to go back. I miss it there, and I severely miss my friends and coworkers.

I hope wherever I end up next on assignment, I won't have any issues with making friends like I have had here. That has been one of the hardest things for me in California. Trying to find people my age that are into the same things as me. I like to go to bars and have drinks, got to the movies, parks, museums, flea markets, restaurants, concerts, sightseeing, touristing, etc...

Only lately have I been able to hang out with my friend Renei and her friends and family, and it kind of makes me sad that I have to leave so shortly after the strong bonds we have made. I know I will always have a good friend here, so that makes it a little better.

I have never been good with being patient, but I am trying pretty hard.

1 comment:

Jonny said...

Very interesting!
Well feel free to comment/read my blog!
I'd greatly appreciate it!
:D