Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Recipe!

I was at Costco and I came across an ahi tuna steak for $11. Yes, I know, but it was a pound, and I for sure can't eat a pound of tuna in one setting.

Here's my recipe for pan-seared ahi tuna

*1 pound ahi tuna, cut into 4 equal pieces
*1 cup amber beer of choice
*1/2 cup of soy sauce of choice
*1 tsp ginger powder, or 1 tbsp chopped ginger, or how much you want, to taste
*1 tsp lemon pepper
*1 tsp ground cumin
*1-2 tbsp of powdered parmesan cheese
*2 pinches salt and pepper to taste
*1 tsp of vanilla extract

Marinade all ingredients in a ziploc bag for about an hour in the fridge(the ziplock minimizes the clean-up)

Lightly oil saute pan at medium heat, and wait for oil to crackle slightly. (shouldn't take more than a minute)

Take 2 cuts of the tuna and place in the pan, sear on each side 3-6 minutes depending on how 'done' you would like your tuna (do not get marinade in pan)

Repeat previous step with remaining cuts of tuna

Prepare over a bed of rice or pasta. (I like Pasta-Roni etc, since I usually dine alone, and it helps with the budget)

And...enjoy. I know I did.

I was quite proud of my experimental luck with this recipe. Steve Boing, you should be proud of me too!

No comments: