Monday, March 3, 2008

Back in the Bay


I had a great, but all too short time with my family in LA over the weekend. We went to the La Brea Tar Pits and Museum, as planned. Had a great time seeing everyone.

We also got to drive through Beverly Hills and Rodeo Dr. All I have to say is that the pretty parts of BH that you see must be access only, because I sure didn't see it. Did see some huge houses though. And Rodeo Dr.? Big deal. I still don't see the glory of it. Wow, people shop there, spend lots of money. Whoopdeedoo. See me in 10 years. Ask me if I still don't care. The answer is probably going to be no.

So, I got back to Silicon Valley, did a few errands, and went to see "The Other Boleyn Girl". Of course, having read the book, I was slightly disappointed in the movie. BUT- I do have to say that what they edited out was ok, although I think they could have kept a few things as part of the plot. And the things they changed seemed to work also. The true star of the film is Natalie Portman. She gave one hell of a performance. I'd give her a cookie for that movie. Good job, Nat. And a heavy set of kudos to Eric Bana, for being a believably mean Henry VIII. Good job to you as well. You didn't really like Anne Boleyn in the book, but in the movie I felt quite sorry for her. I recommend seeing it just on Natalie Portman's performance alone.

Anyhow, I just got home 12 hours ago from a weekend vacation, and I am back at work for the night shift. To pass time, I brought my photo printer and some movies, and CD's. Yay. Lemme dig into this hot pocket.

2 comments:

Steve said...

Have you ever seen Jim Gaffigan's comedy bit on hot pockets? He's got one on bacon, too, and they're hilarious.

Swartzie said...

No, but I will look into it when I get home asnd can access YouTube. Thanks Steve!