Thursday, August 30, 2007

still waiting....

Again, here I sit, here at the nurses station, another loooooooooooooooooooong night of nothing to do. I have 3 patients, all sleeping soundly, all with scheduled vital signs, no meds.
Oh wait, I get to get up in 45 minutes and take a rectal temp on my 6 month old with pneumonia!

I am waiting yet another day to see if I am going to interview for the job in California. I cannot explain how much I want this job. My manager told me yesterday someone called to do a reference check.... Of course, she said she didn't remember who was calling and where they were from. I am having a hard time believing that she didn't know, or she wanted it to be a sup rise. Either way, she said she gave a good reference. She's an awesome boss, and is a very sweet person.

Every day I am here, I grow more sad that I know I will be leaving soon. Although I am still unsure of when I will be leaving now, since I still technically have no job to go to. No matter what, I will be home in Memphis at least one week before October 5th. I have to go to my friend Kelly's wedding. I will kick myself if I miss it. If I end up unemployed for more than I would like, I know I can always bar tend or wait tables. Not the most luxurious job, but it would pay the bills.

Here's to hoping and praying I just get Palo Alto.

No comments: